You are invited to participate in a research study of the investigational drug fasinumab, for the treatment of pain due to osteoarthritis of the knee or hip. The study is being conducted at the Menzies Institute for Medical Research (Hobart) by Professor Graeme Jones. The study is a multicentre trial that is being conducted worldwide. Before you decide whether or not you wish to participate in this study, it is important for you to understand why the research is being done and what it will involve. Please take the time to read the information sheet and consent form in the link below.
What is the purpose of this study?
This study is being done to determine how effective and safe fasinumab is for pain due to osteoarthritis of the hip or knee.
Why have I been invited to participate?
We will be studying up to 27 people nationally. People can be included in the study if they:
- Are ≥ 18 years;
- If you have pain due to osteoarthritis of the knee or hip and have a history of at least 12 weeks of use of the medication described below.
- If you have Inadequate pain relief from paracetamol
- If you have Intolerance or inadequate pain relief opioid or tramadol.
- If you are currently using regularly prescribed dose of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) for a t least 4 days per week over the last 4 weeks.
- If you are willing to have an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan and x-ray; Have clinically defined knee or hip osteoarthritis
….. If this sounds like you, please read the information sheet and consent form in the link below
Clinical trial co-ordinator
Menzies Institute for Medical Research
Ph. 6226 4294 (Mon & Thurs.) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This research is being conducted by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Regeneron) and sponsored in Australia by ICON clinical Research Pty Limited.