Volunteering at Menzies
Research grant funding often falls short of the full costs of conducting a project, and volunteer support assists the Menzies researchers to carry out work that may not otherwise be possible.
Menzies is fortunate to be able to call on the skills, knowledge and goodwill of volunteers, who take on many different roles to help support our research.
Volunteers make significant contributions in a variety of areas, for example:
- Assisting with data collection
- Information kit preparation
- Coordinating special projects
- Reception duties
- Database maintenance and data entry
- Mail-out preparation and collation
- Fundraising and events
- General clerical duties
- Transporting research participants
- Interpreting pathology and MRI reports
Our volunteers have opportunities to learn new skills, assume responsibility, maintain social contacts and contribute to research that addresses the health needs of Tasmanians. Menzies' staff highly value the contributions of our volunteers, as evidenced by the steady stream of requests for volunteer assistance.
If you are interested in volunteering please contact the Menzies Volunteer Coordinator by completing the form below: