magneTic brAin stimUlation foR people with mUltiple Sclerosis (TAURUS trial)
The TAURUS.2 trial is looking for people in Hobart with multiple sclerosis (MS)
This participant-based study is now recruiting!
Can you help our researchers find out if low intensity magnetic brain stimulation (MBS) is an effective treatment for MS?
You may be able to help if you:
- Are aged 18-65
- Can walk unaided or with a stick
- Can attend short daily appointments at Menzies (Mon-Fri) for 4 weeks
- Can complete 2 MRI and 3 clinical assessments
- Do not have a history of seizures or serious brain injury
- Have not received magnetic brain stimulation before
There is free on-site parking and all reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. A $50 voucher will be given on completion.
This study has been approved by the University of Tasmania Human Research Ethics Committee, H0026359.
For more information, please contact:
Ms Julie Sansom,
Clinical Research Coordinator
Phone: (03) 6226 4838
- Prof Bruce Taylor
- Dr Kaylene Young
- Dr Mark Hinder
- A/Prof Jennifer Rodger
- Prof Michael Barnett
- Dr Carlie Cullen
- Mr Amin Zarghami
- Dr Vincent Chigozie Ezegbe
- Ms Tram Nguyen
- Dr Kalina Makowiecki
- Ms Kate Probert
- Ms Angela McKecknie
- Ms Natasha Stevens
- Ms Vivienne Jones
- Ms Julie Sansom