Come along to the 2019 Menzies Debate to hear our six expert speakers tease apart this year's debate topic. Prepare to be challenged and surprised as the irreverent Bernie Hobbs from ABC Science keeps our speakers in line. YOU get to vote on the outcome!
This years speakers:
- Dr Verity Cleland, (Heart Foundation Future Leader Fellow and Senior Research Fellow, Menzies Institute for Medical Research).
- Professor Natalie Brown, (Director of The Peter Underwood Centre, University of Tasmania);
- Dr Scott McKeown, (Public health physician and general practitioner, Deputy Director of Public Health, Department of Health and Human Services);
- Professor Alison Venn, (Director, Menzies Institute for Medical Research);
- Professor Tracey Dickson, (Associate Dean Research, College of Health and Medicine, University of Tasmania);
- Professor Richard Eccleston, (Director, Institute for the Study of Social Change, University of Tasmania).
When: Drinks and nibbles from 5:30pm, Debate 6:00pm - 7:30pm.
Where: Lecture Theatre 2, University of Tasmania Medical Science Precinct, 17 Liverpool St, Hobart.
Register via https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/2019-menzies-debate-tickets-68741781519 call our reception desk on 6226-7700.