All non-casual job vacancies are advertised on the University website. Menzies currently has vacancies for a:
The Musculoskeletal Health & Diseases Theme at Menzies is seeking a casual Radiographer to join their team that operate the Dual Energy X-Ray absorptiometry (DEXA) and Micro CT equipment. Full training for the use of these machines will be provided. This equipment is located within the Clinical Research Facility of the Medical Science Precinct and is used with both research study participants and outpatients. This is a casual role (HEO7 - $54.60/h) with the potential of one to two days each week and the opportunity to cover absences of other staff.
- Perform robust and thorough operation of the DEXA and Micro CT machines for research purposes.
- Responsible for analysing and processing DEXA and Micro CT images and providing accurate feedback and results to study participants and patients.
- Undertake administrative tasks associated with the operation of the Micro CT and DEXA machines within the Clinical Research Facility.
- Provide patient results to requesting General Practitioners.
- Understand and adhere to relevant legislation, policies, procedures and, in particular, WHS requirements.
- Completion of a post graduate qualification from a recognised tertiary institution and registration as a Medical Radiation Practitioner with AHPRA.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the skills, experience and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, and to use initiative, judgement and discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature, as well as the ability to adopt a consultative, team-based approach.
- Practical experience in the operation of Micro CT and Bone Density equipment.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to Christine Farmer (email@example.com) indicating how you meet the stated requirements. For further information on this role, please contact Bronwyn Archer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a confidential discussion.
The Menzies Institute for Medical Research maintains an employment register for people who are interested in becoming a staff member. The application is placed on the register and when a position becomes available we will contact appropriately qualified and experienced people to notify them of the vacancy. Normal application and interview procedures will still apply. If you would like to be added to the employment register, please email your resume to:
Thinking About Volunteering?
Menzies also has an active and award-winning Volunteer Program. For further information on volunteering contact:
Telephone: +61 3 6226 4688